VisitsUp one level
A number of half day visits will be arranged for the autumn of 2008 and 2009. We hope that members will enjoy these opportunities to get to know Ardudwy a little better. Please bring along friends who might also wish to join the Society. We like to keep group sizes to 12 so that everyone can participate and enjoy the peace of the Ardudwy landscape. You will find below some reports of our previous visits. Look out for more dates for repeats and new venues. Let us know if you can offer us access to an interesting farm or farm house for a future visit.
- Visit to Llanfihangel-y-traethau Church,Talsarnau (Llanfihangel-y-traethau, from 01-04-2008 14:00 to 01-04-2008 16:30)
- This visit is guided by the Reverend Robert Hughes and there will be an opportunity to visit the church and the ancient graveyard. An afternoon tea wil follow at Tregwylan Hotel, Talsarnau.
- Visit to Byrllysg, Dyffryn Ardudwy (Byrllysg, Dyffryn Ardudwy (NGR ), from 30-04-2007 16:35 to 30-04-2007 16:35)
- Later in the spring we hope to visit the 18c. farmhouse of Byrllysg, Dyffryn Ardudwy, with the kind permission of Mr John a Mrs Heather Jones. There will be an opportunity to visit the nearby monument and the drovers' road.
- Llwyndu, Llanaber ( NGR SH 601186 ) There are to be two opportunities to visit as groups are small. More details to follow on our website . DATES: Tuesday, 19 February 2008 and Saturday, 23 February 2008 TIME: 2.00 p.m to 4.30 pm